Monday, August 16, 2010

Kissing Your Elbow

How does one start? How do you figure out what you truly want? An old friend of mine once told me that understanding parts of your own heart was as hard as kissing the point on your elbow -- you just can't get far enough away to do it properly. (Try it.)

Still, you gotta start somewhere, so here's how I'm thinking about the problem.
  • What are the things I enjoy doing? Can any of these sustain a lifestyle?
  • What are my inherent personality traits? What can these tell me about where I should work?
  • Are there people out there that have done this kind of transition themselves? What can I learn from their experiences?
  • Are there people I trust (even if I don't necessarily get along with them) to give me a fair and objective perspective on my skills and direction?
Over the next four days, I'm going to explore each of these in turn and see where each one takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment